I just had to share someone else’s posts this morning. A friend of the Humane Society and fellow small business owner (Bella’s Boutique) here in Bainbridge wrote a post on her blog today about the dire situation our little Humane Society is in. We desperately need a new shelter, and Nicole started a GoFundMe campaign to help raise funds. Read her post on she and her mom’s journey with the Humane Society. These fur babies really need a happier, healthier place to be (and so do our amazing shelter workers).
If that’s not compelling enough, please read my dear friend Wendell’s heart wrenching and heart warming story about the rescue dog that rescued him… and made him a devout “dog person.” (Read his story at the AJC.)
If you’ve read Nicole’s post and Wendell’s story and still don’t feel compelled to donate to our new Shelter campaign…. maybe these sad puppy eyes will do it for you. These are actual animals at the Bainbridge Humane Society (pictures I admittedly took last year).
Please go check out Nicole’s Post on the Bainbridge Humane Society and her GoFundMe campaign!
And in the mean time, here’s what you can do to help:
- ADOPT a loving pet from BDCHS
- donate to Nicole’s campaign – 100% of the donations will go to the New Shelter Fund <<CLICK HERE TO DONATE>> or you can drop a check off at the Bainbridge Humane Society (located at 1250 Cox Avenue, Bainbridge, GA 39819)
- Check out their Amazon Wishlist and select some supplies to be delivered directly to the shelter <<CLICK HERE FOR WISHLIST>>
- Stop in to walk the dogs. They always need some fresh air!
- The shelter is always in need of the following items:
- Cleaning Supplies
- Old Towels/Linens/Socks (Balled up socks make great cat toys!)
- Old pet toys
- Dry/Wet cat and dog food
Thanks for taking a moment to read our posts! Happy Feel Good Friday, y’all!
And speaking of feelin’ good, don’t forget to enter to win a bottle of Blue Chair Bay Rum!