As promised yesterday, here’s the macaroni salad recipe that I made to take to the camping trip last weekend.
It’s a jazzed up and significantly more colorful version of the delicious macaroni salad recipe passed down to me from my famous Aunt Lori. And it’s definitely still delicious.
Macaroni Salad Recipe
serves a large crowd as a side
– 1 box elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions
– 1 6 to 8 ounce jar mushrooms (or two 4-oz jars)
– 3/4 cup Duke’s Mayo
– 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
– 1 cup chopped celery
– 1 small red onion, chopped
– 1 bunch green onions, chopped
– salt and pepper to taste
Boil macaroni according to package directions. Mix with remaining ingredients. Chill.
*And put salad in the fridge.
The instructions are verbatim from my aunt’s handwritten recipe. I love it.
This is a tasty addition to all BBQs, potlucks, etc. and is super easy and oh so Southern. I love making it a little more colorful, but if you’re sticking to my aunt’s version, use a Vidalia onion, regular yellow mustard, and omit the green onions. Or add/subtract whatever you want! It’s your salad, after all.